State: The Facts, A Guide to Studying Your State
Encouraging a guided-approach to research, this fill-in-the-blank workbook will give students direction for their state study that can be customized to any location! Practical in scope, the open-ended questions will encourage students to dig into reference material and library resources in order to learn more about the history of where they live. Grades 4-6. Scripture verses at the bottom of some pages; Bible verses are KJV. 58 non-reproducible pages, softcover.
Worksheet pages include:
- Room to write in state government officials' addresses and phone numbers
- Helpful scripts for calling librarians and state officials
- Questions on the state's creation
- Research on what the US flag looked like at the time of the state's creation
- Questions on important people
- State facts from now and in the past
- What flora and fauna are present in the state
- What natural resources are present
- Weather logs for 30 days
- and more!
Author: Mary Ellen Tedrow
Publisher: Laurelwood Books